Made it to Barcelona...
I am in Barcelona now. It is quite nice.. not as hot and humid as I had anticipated. There is a nice breeze blowing which is keeping things cool.
Today I had problems getting into the city. The train doors close really fast and as a result, I missed the stop I was supposed to get off at. It's partly because there were these stupid people blocking the doorway and they wouldn't move. Urggghh.. so I had to backtrack and lost some time, which is annoying. But I made it to the hostel OK.
I wanted to go shopping, but it would appear that all the shops are closed. So I went to La Pederera which was really great. And I saw another of Gaudi's buildings... but I can't remember the name of it right now.
Tomorrow I am going to try and head over to Girona which is really nice...
I can't wait until Arianna gets here on Wednesday. We are sharing a hotel room together... and it will be nice to have our own bathroom. I think I've had enough of staying in hostels.... you know you're getting old when..... But it'll also be nice to have the company as well. It gets lonely in non-English speaking countries. It makes you realize the importance of communication... and it makes you appreciate bilingualism... OK I'm rambling a bit...
So last weekend, I went to Waterford which was great. There was a little drama involved with our accomodation, but I won't get into that. I went to the crystal factory which was nice, but to be honest, there's not too much to do in the town itself.
Last week I did all the touristy type things in Dublin. Went to the National Gallery on Monday, Tuesday went to Powerscourt, Enniskerry and Bray... all were really good... Wednesday went to Glanevin Cemetery. This is where all the famous people are buried. There is a really good guided tour. Thursday went to Guinness Factory... and Friday just relaxed. Went into town for some drinks and then left early as my room mate was making me a good bye dinner. He can cook! He made some clam pasta and it was yum!
Alright... people are waiting to use the computer... I will try and write more later...
Today I had problems getting into the city. The train doors close really fast and as a result, I missed the stop I was supposed to get off at. It's partly because there were these stupid people blocking the doorway and they wouldn't move. Urggghh.. so I had to backtrack and lost some time, which is annoying. But I made it to the hostel OK.
I wanted to go shopping, but it would appear that all the shops are closed. So I went to La Pederera which was really great. And I saw another of Gaudi's buildings... but I can't remember the name of it right now.
Tomorrow I am going to try and head over to Girona which is really nice...
I can't wait until Arianna gets here on Wednesday. We are sharing a hotel room together... and it will be nice to have our own bathroom. I think I've had enough of staying in hostels.... you know you're getting old when..... But it'll also be nice to have the company as well. It gets lonely in non-English speaking countries. It makes you realize the importance of communication... and it makes you appreciate bilingualism... OK I'm rambling a bit...
So last weekend, I went to Waterford which was great. There was a little drama involved with our accomodation, but I won't get into that. I went to the crystal factory which was nice, but to be honest, there's not too much to do in the town itself.
Last week I did all the touristy type things in Dublin. Went to the National Gallery on Monday, Tuesday went to Powerscourt, Enniskerry and Bray... all were really good... Wednesday went to Glanevin Cemetery. This is where all the famous people are buried. There is a really good guided tour. Thursday went to Guinness Factory... and Friday just relaxed. Went into town for some drinks and then left early as my room mate was making me a good bye dinner. He can cook! He made some clam pasta and it was yum!
Alright... people are waiting to use the computer... I will try and write more later...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home